The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg and its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) seeks for an outstanding postdoctoral research associate to join the SERVAL research group. The researcher will work on the SATOCROSS project, an FNR-funded grant, supervised by Dr. Mike Papadakis.
SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. For further information, you may check: https://wwwfr.uni.lu/snt
The SATOCROSS project (Support of Advanced Test cOverage Criteria for RObust and Secure Software) aims at improving software testing practice by bridging the gap between the potentialities offered by the huge body of academic work on (code-)coverage criteria on one side, and their limited tool support and use in the industry on the other side. The consortium includes two academic partners: CEA List (CEA) and the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) of Univ. of Luxembourg (UL), and one industrial partner MERCE (Mitsubishi Electric).
The partners will design generic and efficient testing techniques and tools for all major testing services: test input generation, detecting polluting test objectives and test assessment. They will focus on a large class of criteria important for the industrial practice. A particular attention will be paid to the continuous development paradigm. The project will feature these tools in an integrated open-source toolkit that will be evaluated on real-life industrial code provided by the industrial partner. Finally, the project will establish industrial application guidelines that will allow practitioners to benefit from the project results.
Besides conducting high-quality research, the successful candidate will create and maintain collaborations with both national and international partners on future network concepts.
• Carry out the research work specified by the SATOCROSS project (such as collaborating with our partners, conducting literature surveys and establishing state-of-the-art; developing necessary experimental and simulation facilities where required; planning, executing, and analyzing experiments and simulations).
• Contribute to project deliverables, milestones, demonstrations, and meetings; disseminating results at international scientific conferences/workshops.
• Conducting cutting-edge (joint and independent) research in Software Engineering and particularly in the area of Software Testing.
• Development and maintenance of cooperation with national and international partners.
• Publication of articles in international conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
For inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
We are looking for a talented and motivated PhD graduate who has:
• A PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Programming Languages or related disciplines.
• Documented research expertise in the area of Software Engineering and particularly in Software Testing.
• Strong programming and analytical skills.
• Industrial experience in software testing will be considered an advantage.
• Experience in research collaboration with industrial partners will be considered an advantage.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory. Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
• Publications in top tier conferences.
• Commitment, affinity for working in a group, and a critical mind.
The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal-opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and you will have the opportunity to participate in industry related projects. You will have the possibility of developing your own projects.
Application, written in English should be submitted online and should include:
• Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
• Copy of the PhD and Master’s diploma
• Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation.
• List of publications (highlight three top publications)
• Contact information for 3 references
Please apply ONLINE by 15/12/2019.
Applications are reviewed in an as received basis, therefore early applications are encouraged.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.