The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire an outstanding researcher at its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), within the Networking Research Group (SECAN-Lab) headed by Prof. Thomas Engel:
Research Associate (Post-doc) in IT Security and Networking within the group SECAN-Lab (M/F)
• Ref: 50014445 / R-STR-5007-00-B
• Fixed-term contract 12 months
• Full-time (40 hrs/week)
SnT carries out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the EU 7th framework programme, H2020 programme and the European Space Agency. For further information you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu
As a member of the SECAN-Lab research group (http:// secan-lab.uni.lu), led by Prof. Thomas Engel, the successful candidate will work full-time alongside an interdisciplinary and horizontal team in the FNR-funded project EnCaViBS (https://www.fnr.lu/projects/the-eu-nis-directive-enhancing-cybersecurity-across-vital-business-sectors-encavibs/) focusing on the legal and technical aspects of the NIS Directive and its national implementations. The project’s objective is the creation of a living commentary to the NIS Directive that is accompanied with a methodology to select the appropriate technological and organisational measures for NIS Directive compliant IT products.
Due to the focus of the NIS directive, for an IT specialist this opens opportunities to research secure SCADA industrial control and critical infrastructures, technology readiness of IT protection measures, and sociotechnical systems including requirements engineering and modern software development paradigms. Besides conducting high-quality research, the successful candidate will create and maintain collaborations with European and international stakeholders including regulatory bodies, policy makes and industry.
• Contributing to EnCaViBS by co developing a methodology to map technical solutions to legal requirements.
• Conducting cutting-edge research in sociotechnical systems for critical infrastructures.
• Provide technical advice for legal experts in IT law.
• Development and maintenance of cooperation with national and international partners.
• Publication of articles in international conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
• Prepare and submit research proposals in a variety of project calls from different funding agencies. A further prolongation of the contract can be discussed if funding for a 100% position has been acquired by the candidate.
For inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated PhD graduate who has:
- A PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Documented research expertise in the area of secure, and resilient IT systems, SCADA in particular is a plus.
- Strong background in security and privacy engineering for sociotechnical systems.
- Experience in research collaboration with policy makers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in academic English are mandatory. Knowledge of German or French would be an advantage.
- Publications in well-rated conferences.
- Commitment, affinity for working in interdisciplinary and intercultural a group, and a critical research-oriented mind.
You will work in an exciting international environment and you will have the opportunity to participate in demand-driven collaborative projects with industry and the public sector. You will have the possibility of developing your own projects.
Application, written in English should be submitted online and should include:
• Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
• Copy of the PhD and Master’s diploma
• Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation.
• List of publications (highlight three top publications)
• Contact information for three references
Please apply ONLINE by 15/07/2019.
Applications are reviewed before end of the deadline, therefore early applications are encouraged.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.