Evotec is a global, publicly listed biotechnology company with more than 2,700 employees at 13 sites, our headquarters are located in Hamburg. We do research on innovative approaches to drug discovery and development for and with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and academic institutions. By assembling top-class scientists, state-of-the-art technologies as well as substantial experience and expertise in key therapeutic areas including neuroscience, diabetes and complications of diabetes, pain and inflammation, oncology and infectious diseases, Evotec has established a unique leading position.
We are seeking a highly motivated :
Scientist with a strong expertise in Immunology (immune-oncology & immunology and Inflammation Research – 18 months Temporary Contract
She/He should be an innovative scientist with expertise in immunology or immune-oncology, to join our in vitro discovery biology group. He/she will be expected to contribute ideas and take part in new drug discovery projects, establish state-of-the-art cellular assays and in vitro and ex vivo models to validate therapeutic targets, demonstrate efficacy of lead compounds, perform detailed mechanism of action studies, run a drug discovery program and provide translational biology support to programs.
Missions and responsibilities
- The successful candidate will collaborate in a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced discovery-oriented environment, and at the interface of several departments and sites.
- The ideal candidate will support the development of internal programs (from target validation to pre-candidate stage) as well as projects for third party in the immune-oncology, immunology and inflammation field. She/He should autonomously design, schedule, budget and follow up drug discovery projects and propose innovative approaches.
- Present results in team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- A strong background in in vitro immune-oncology or immunology is required.
- Extensive cell-based and biochemical assay development experience with a variety of readout technologies including multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA, and immunofluorescence is required.
- Ability for designing research projects including short-term and long-term experimental plans, needs assessment, plannings, studies follow up (timelines, costs, deliverables)
- Strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to work independently to design and run experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Good working knowledge of Prism and a solid experience with FACS analysis
- Develop and improve new skills and knowledge necessary to successfully support assigned projects
Experience and education
- Minimum of PhD in Immuno-oncology, Immunology, or other related areas.
- 1-2 years post-doctoral experience is preferred
- Relevant immuno-oncology and immunology experience in a Pharma, Biotec or Academic research environment is required
- An experience in inflammatory skin disease would be a plus
- Records and accomplishements in project management with clients/partners is preferred.
- Languages: Englis h: written / reading / spoken is required; French : written / reading / spoken is preferred
Ideal profile :
- Autonomy, pro-active behavior and team spirit.
- Rigor, creativity and multi-skilled.
- Dynamic, open-minded