University of Luxembourg, Computer Science department and Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invite applications from Ph.D. holders in the general area of Applied Cryptography. SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT. CryptoLux/SnT team is currently doing research in cryptography, distributed ledgers and privacy.
Research Associate (Postdoc) in Blockchain, Financial Crypto, Cybersecurity and Privacy(FinCrypt project)(M/F)
The successful candidate will join the CryptoLux research team led by Prof. Alex Biryukov. He or she will contribute to a research project entitled “Security, Scalability, and Privacy in Blockchain Applications and Smart Contracts (FINCRYPT)”, which is funded by the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR). Candidates with proven research track record in one or more of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Applied Cryptography (SK or PK, efficient ZK proofs, etc.)
- Crypto-currencies, smart-contracts, financial cryptography, blockchains
- Privacy enhancing technologies
- Distributed consensus protocols
The main responsibility of the successful candidate would be to:
- Conduct, publish and present research results at conferences
- Provide guidance to two Ph.D. students of the project
- Attract funding in cooperation with academic and industrial partners
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Competitive research record in applied cryptography or information security (at least one paper in top 10 IT security/crypto conferences)
- Strong mathematical and algorithmic CS background, interest in economics/finance – a plus
- Good skills in programming and scripting languages
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
The University offers a 2 years (1+1) employment contract. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment of a large (>250 people) IT security- focused research center, developing technologies which will have direct impact on the future.
Applications, written in English, should be submitted online and should include:
- A brief cover letter explaining the candidate’s motivation and research interests
- Curriculum Vitae (including photo, education/research/ work, publications, interests)
- Information on participation in research competitions, Olympiads, CTFs – a plus.
- Contact information of 3 referees
Deadline for applications: July 31, 2019. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
Applications will be considered on receipt therefore applying before the deadline is encouraged.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/27gwu