The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) and Computer Science Department of the University of Luxembourg invite applications from Ph.D. holders in the general area of applied cryptography. SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems. Cryptolux is a team of cryptographers and security researchers interested in applied cryptography, cryptanalysis, privacy, network security, cryptographic blockchains and is led by Prof. Alex Biryukov.
Research Associate (Postdoc) in Cryptography (M/F)
Ref: F1-070025 – R-STR-8019-00-A
Fixed Term Contract 2 years (CDD), full-time 40 hrs/week
Number of positions: 1
Start day: 1 February 2020, earlier or later upon agreement.
The successful candidate will join the CryptoLux team. He or she will contribute to a research project on future directions in cryptography and IT security and is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Shaping research directions and producing results in one or more of the following topics:
- Design and cryptanalysis of symmetric cryptographic primitives
- Cryptocurrencies, ZK proofs, blockchain
- Privacy enhancing technologies
- Side-channel attacks and countermeasures
- White-box cryptography
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Providing guidance to Ph.D. and M.Sc. students
- Attracting funding in cooperation with academic and industrial partners
- Coordinating research projects
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Competitive research record in applied cryptography or information security (at least one paper in top 10 IT security conferences)
- Strong mathematical and algorithmic CS background
- Good development skills in C or C++ and/or scripting languages
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
The University offers a two-year employment contract which may be extended up to five years. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a large IT security- focused research center (>200 people).
Applications, written in English, should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, photo, work experience, publications)
- Cover letter and research statement indicating topics of interest and your motivation to apply for the position (max 1 page)
- Contact information of 3 referees
- Please mention code F1-070025 in your application
Deadline for applications: 31 December, 2019. Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/2bo7i