Under the responsibility of a group leader in the “High Throughput Biology and Screening” department, you will be part of a team responsible for development and realization of Mass spec based screening (biophysics, cell-based or biochemical assays).
- Contribute to screening projects, from assay development to screening campaign: define, execute and/or coordinate experimental processes and data analysis.
- Optimize and miniaturize screening assays
- Plan and control the realization of screening campaigns in close collaboration with the group leaders.
- Analyze and exploit experimental results in their biological context in collaboration with screening, bio-informatics and biostatistics teams.
- Ensure compliance to the specifications agreed with the customer
- Contribute to the elaboration and the execution of new methodologies and strategies applied to high throughput screening, in particular for mass spec based assays.
Communication and information
- Monitor scientific and technical development in the domain of activity.
- Prepare study reports and communicate scientific results to customers.
- Ensure quality and reliability of scientific results.
- Ensure good laboratory practices and health and safety instructions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare and execute screening studies according to the specifications agreed with the customer.
- You are responsible for biological and biophysical result analysis and interpretation.
- You are responsible for the quality and reliability of scientific results.
Knowledge and abilitiesRequired:
- Strong expertise in mass spectrometry (High resolution and MS/MS)
- Excellent background in separation technologies (SPE/RapidFire – HPLC)
- Deep understanding of cellular biology, biochemistry (enzymology) and biophysics (affinity assay)
- Experience in planning and monitoring scientific projects
- Written and oral communication skills
- Meet good laboratory practices and health and safety instructions.
- Transversal team spirit, rigor, dynamism and autonomy.
- Good written and spoken communication in French and English.
- Expertize in biophysics
- Experience in screening projects & automation
- Experimental data interpretation and analysis of large sets of data.
Training and experience
- PhD in structural biochemistry or analytical chemistry.
- 0-3 year postdoc experience in academia or industry in mass spectrometry area.