The University of Regensburg with its more than 20,000 students is an innovative and interdisciplinary campus university with versatile research activities and a broad number of courses for young people from Germany and abroad. The Department of Pathology of the University of Regensburg has research and teaching responsibilities in health care. In addition, it covers the entire spectrum of pathology diagnostics for the University Hospital and several hospitals in the area. Within the section of Experimental Pathology at the Department of Pathology, we are opening at the earliest possible time a position as
Research assistant/post-doctoral researcher (post-doc) in “Experimental Liver Carcinogenesis”
in full-time (40.1 hours per week), initially limited to two years with the option of prolongation. The salary is payed according to the collective agreement of the German Public Service (TV-L E13).
Due to the fact that the employment is determined according to § 14 paragraph 2 of the German Part-time and Temporary Employment Law, applicants who are employed or who formerly were employed by the Free State of Bavaria cannot be considered unless the former employment by the Free State of Bavaria exceeds three years.
The successful candidate should have a PhD or MD degree with a strong background in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or similar discipline. Research experience in cancer and animal models would be of advantage. Furthermore, experience in bioinformatics tools (e.g. R programming) and high-throughput screening methods would be highly valued. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to think critically and innovatively, have a solid publication record and show leadership capacity. The candidate must also have strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills in English.
- Lead multiple research projects
- Perform data analysis
- Report progress in conferences
- Apply for national and international grants
- Write manuscripts
Specific knowledge expected by the candidate:
- Primary and stable cell culture, transfection, silencing via siRNA or CRISPR/Cas systems
- Recombinant DNA cloning, plasmid DNA isolation
- Isolation of RNA (from cells and tissues) and analysis (Northern blotting, conventional and real-time RT-PCR)
- Isolation of DNA, analysis of the genome (PCR, DNA sequencing)
- Isolation of proteins, Western blot analysis, immunoprecipitation
- Knowledge of the basic software for writing and statistical analysis: Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel), GraphPad InStat and Prism
- Microarray and related bioinformatic analyses (not required, but preferred)
- Generation and handling of organoids (not required, but preferred)
- Rodent handling, treatment, tissue dissection and analysis (not required, but preferred)
We offer you:
- a varied and demanding activity
- an excellent working atmosphere in a friendly team
The University of Regensburg is particularly committed to reconciling family and work (further information under http://www.uni-regensburg.de/chancengleichheit). Equal opportunity is an essential element of our personnel policy. Applications from handicapped or equated applicants are welcome. Legally binding is the German version of this announcement, please see www.uni-regensburg.de/universitaet/stellenausschreibungen. Please note that we cannot cover the costs arising due to attendance of a job interview.
If you have any questions, please contact Simone Deplazes Rocha (E-Mail: email@example.com/Tel. 0941 944-6601). Please send your detailed application in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org until 27 March 2020
Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie unter https://www.uni-regensburg.de/verwaltung/medien/dokumente/datenschutz_stellenausschreibungen.pdf