Jobs with chances Cutting-edge medicine requires research.
The research area of the chair ""Cognitive Neurophysiology"" (Prof. Dr. Beste) is located at the Medical Faculty (Clinic and Polyclinic for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy) and the Institute of Psychology. The lab focuses on the investigation of neuronal mechanisms of executive functions in children, adolescents and adults.
At the earliest possible date a position as
Research Assistant/PhD Student (f/m/x)
is available in third-party funded (DFG) project, with the aim of obtaining a doctorate.
Responsibilities include working on a project to examine fatigue and the influence of fatigue on executive control functions. The neuronal changes on different facets of cognitive control are assessed applying neurophysiological methods (EEG). In addition to investigating the effects of fatigue in healthy individuals, patients with ""burnout/chronic fatigue syndrome"" symptoms are also investigated. Another important aspect is the integration of EEG data with peripheral-physiological measures (i.e. pupil diameter) with EEG data, which is an indirect measure for the activity of the noradrenaline system. EEG and eyetracking methods are combined for this purpose.
- Excellent degree in psychology, cognitive neuroscience or similar (master’s or diploma)
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary neuroscientific research related to neurological and psychiatric patients
- Interest and suitability for working with neurological and psychiatric patients
- Interest in or knowledge of the collection and evaluation of neurophysiological data (e.g. EEG)
- above-average organisational and communication skills
We offer you the possibility to:
- Work in a leading research institution combined with a highly specialized work Environment
- Implement own ideas and cooperation in an innovative interdisciplinary team
- Use of three modern EEG laboratories incl. eye-tracking systems, a neuronavigated TMS/tDCS/tACS laboratory and a 3T research scanner
- Doctorate opportunity for Dr. rer. nat. (Phd) at the Institute of Psychology, TU Dresden
- Introduction to academic teaching (BSc/MSc Psychology) according to your own wishes
- Comprehensive support of activities (trips abroad etc.) within the framework of the Graduate School of the TU Dresden
- Use of company prevention offers, courses and fitness in our health centre Carus Vital
- A Position according to the TV-L conditions (E13; 65%)
Disabled persons are expressly invited to apply.
We ask you to preferably apply online in order to make the personnel selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we will also process your written applications (with a stamped envelope) without any disadvantages for you.
We look forward to receiving your informative application documents. Please send them to us online by October, 31st 2019 under the *code KJP0919299. *You will receive preliminary information by e-mail: email@example.com, or directly to Prof. Dr. Beste (firstname.lastname@example.org).