The “Erfurt Research Centre for Horticultural Crops” was established in 2019 at the Erfurt University of Applied Sciences, in close cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller University Jena. The centre harbours four research groups and an administrative unit. The projects deal with questions arising from current challenges of horticultural plant production. These research questions will be worked on with modern bioscience approaches and methods. In the course of this, the following vacancy in the project Epigenetic processes in the propagation of horticultural crops is to be filled:
Research assistant – Plant Molecular Biology
Reference number: FGK 13
The position is available, initially, for up to December 31th, 2023. The option exists of a total contract period until December 31th, 2028, subject to the continued release of funds by the project sponsor as well as a positive interim evaluation of the research centre.
Areas of responsibility:
- planning and implementation of experiments in the field of molecular biology and epigenetics of resistance and tolerance of crop plants
- evaluation and publication/presentation of research findings
- computationally analyse and interpret experimental research data (statistical and gene ontology analysis)
- applying for third-party funding
- interaction with other research teams
- completed degree (master‘s, diploma (university)) in biology or comparable field, PhD
- previous experience and track record in plant research
- advanced knowledge of molecular biology, epigenetics and genome / gene expression analysis
- documented publication achievements in international journals
- excellent communication skills in English, in German desired
For further details contact Dr. Stefan Ehrentraut (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Remuneration is based on personal qualifications up to pay category 13 TV-L. We are seeking to have more women at our university and are therefore particularly grateful for applications from women. Persons with severe disabilities will be preferred for employment in the event of other qualifications being equal.
Send your application with informative documentation, stating the reference number FGK 13, by June 29th, 2019 to
Dezernat Personal und Recht
Postfach 45 01 55
We process the personal data you provide in accordance with Section 27 ThürDSAnpUG-EU (Thuringian Data Protection Adaptation and Implementation Act EU).
For cost reasons you are requested to send application documents in copy form. After the selection process has been concluded, the documents of applicants not considered will be destroyed. If you wish them to be returned, we ask you to enclose a return envelope with sufficient postage. Costs arising through the application will not be refunded.