Research Assistant II - Pathology Research - Mice/Mouse experience
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, TX, United States
Posted about 3 weeks agoExpires on October 07, 2019
**The ideal candidate for this position will have mouse/mice experience.**
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Research, Molecular Experiments & Collaboration
• Mouse crossing, genotyping and maintenance mouse database.
• Performs a variety of molecular experiments, such as Western blot and immunoprecipitation, tissue culture.
• Presents results of experiments on a regular basis to principal investigator and the immediate supervisor
• Handles small research animals mouse crossing, genotyping
• Assists principal investigator in ongoing and further collaborative studies with other laboratories.
Organize Experiments/Protocols Database
• Maintenance of mouse database and reports
• Enters and maintains experimental data and protocols with regular and documentation of results in written form
Administrative lab activities
• Assists in ordering, maintenance and preparation of laboratory reagents and buffers.
• Stock the research materials.
Bachelor's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences. Two years experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 127882
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 34,400
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 43,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 51,600
Science Jobs: Yes