The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to hire a highly motivated and an outstanding research (and development) specialist in the area of software engineering or data analytics for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SnT), within the Serval Group.
SnT carries out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with governmental, industrial and international partners. SnT is active in several national projects funded by National Research Fund (FNR) and local industries, and international research projects funded by the EU FP7 programme, H2020 programme and the European Space Agency (ESA). For further information, you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu.
The candidate will work in the Serval Group conducting research on software engineering, software security and data analytics. The group has a standing experience and expertise on successfully running industrial projects, especially in the Fintech domain with currently several partnerships with major players of the Luxembourg financial place.
These partnerships strongly rely on advanced technologies such as:
- AI including machine learning
- Information retrieval, Natural Language Processing
The successful candidate will be part of a couple of partnership projects in the Fintech domain and will conduct research and development on Explainable Machine Learning and Information Extraction from Financial Documents. The candidate’s tasks include the following:
- Designing and implementing state-of-the-art solutions,
- Project management,
- Research development in Explainable Machine Learning and Information Extraction.
- Master degree in any discipline relevant to this area of research (e.g., computer science, data analytics),
- Strong development skills
- Expertise in project management
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
The University offers a two-year employment contract. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created research Centre.
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, studies with grades, work experience, publication list),
- Motivation letter,
- Contact information of 3 referees.
Deadline for applications: Applications are processed until the vacancy is filled. Please apply ONLINE by 15 December 2019.
Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival. Applications sent by e-mail will not be considered.