The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world. We are globally engaged, comprehensive, research-intensive, and committed to responding to the major challenges of our time.
Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE) has been the leading Australian provider of engineering and IT education and research for over 150 years. We are a multidisciplinary School organised into three key areas: Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (CBE), Computing and Information Systems (CIS), and Electrical, Mechanical and Infrastructure Engineering (EMI). MSE attracts top staff and students and is committed to creating a better world by devising solutions to significant societal problems.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) is a vibrant and rapidly growing department within MSE. We are working on some of the most meaningful problems at the interface of engineering with life and medical sciences. Our work applies interdisciplinary expertise and thought to make new discoveries and develop innovative solutions for improved healthcare and social wellbeing.
The Rejane Langlois Postdoctoral Fellowship seeks to further enhance MSE research at the interface of science, engineering and medicine. The Fellow will have the opportunity to undertake independent research as well as engage in broader collaborations within the Department of Biomedical Engineering. We are looking for outstanding candidates within one of our key research areas: biomaterials and tissue engineering; biomechanics and mechanobiology; bionics, biomedical imaging and neuroengineering or systems and synthetic biology.
As the Rejane Langlois Fellow, you will build an excellent portfolio of research achievement, drawing upon cross-faculty strengths. You will work with a broad range of professionals to undertake a body of research that will have a long-term impact on improving community health. You will undertake high-quality independent and multidisciplinary research to complete the aims of your project. Critical to your success will be a commitment to achieving research excellence and an ability to communicate outcomes effectively while working with a broad range of people in academia, hospitals and industry.
• A postgraduate research degree at PhD level in a relevant field.
• A record of high-quality research as evidenced by publications in leading journals and at conferences commensurate with opportunity.
• Ability to perform independent research with a commitment to interdisciplinary research.
• Experience in working with minimal supervision and ability to prioritise tasks to achieve project objectives within timelines.
• Demonstrated capacity to communicate research concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated by presentation of research results at conferences, internal forums and manuscript submissions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders (academic, administrative and support staff) in a courteous and effective manner.
• Advertising closes on February 20th
• Shortlisted candidates to be contacted late-February
• Interviews to be held early-March
How to Apply
Apply online where you will be asked to attach the following documents to this application:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae including a bibliography outlining your research track record
• Project proposal for your research
Guidelines for the required documents can be found on the last page of the attached PD.
Get to know us by visiting http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-mse/why-join-mse
What we offer you
We offer flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you – including generous leave, child care subsidies, discounted parking, and medical and health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, and we will support you in doing what you love.
We seek to increase the diversity of our workforce and the representation of all members of our community that have been traditionally under-represented.
If you’re curious, motivated, and ready to undertake a meaningful and rewarding role, we’re ready to meet you!
For full details and to apply: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/902038/rejane-langlois-postdoctoral-fellowship
Applications close: 20 Feb 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Salary: AUD72,083 – AUD97,812 (Level A)