Ref.10.19.33 – Staff Researcher – Analog and System Hardware
Research Center: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Department: Nanoelectronics Engineering
Research Group: Systems Engineering
Career Stage: 3+ years
Closing Date: October 30th 2019
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) is seeking a highly-qualified, self-motivated Staff Researcher in Electrical/Electronics or Physics Engineer to join the System Engineering Group. The group focus is on bringing advanced Nanoelectronics, researched and fabricated at INL into mainstream applications within the semiconductor, biomedical, agri-food and space markets.
This position specifically targets the development of maturation monitoring sensor devices within agri-food applications. The current regulation limits the coatings that companies can use in fruit for cold storage preservation which have new effects on the maturation process. Thus a network of wireless sensing devices (WSN) will be developed and deployed to monitor selected maturation markers (temperature, VOCs, CO2) aiming at modulating the maturation process.
This job offer is related to the project Re-EAT, contract number POCI-01-0247-FEDER-040016, funded by PT2020, under the programme IDT co-promoção.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the complete application system with embedded processing, analogue front-end and communications hardware for the target application. He/She will become part of the System Engineering Group contributing to the development of miniaturized, cost effective and power efficient applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- PhD degree in Electronics, Electrical or Physics Engineering;
- Strong experience (3+ years) in Hardware design and development;
- Experience in Analogue design of sensor front-ends (for Magnetic, Optical, Capacitive or Electrochemical devices), including simulation tools (Matlab, SPICE and others);
- Experience in setting-up test environments with PCB design, debugging and test equipment, tools and methodologies (Labview or Python);
- Capability to work both, independently and concurrently, within a small team environment;
- The applicant should have past experience in working with international and cross-functional teams.
Relevant experience but not mandatory in electronics and microelectronics areas will be considered:
- Knowledge in Analogue CMOS IC design methods and processes;
- Knowledge in RF in general or RF Front-ends for data communications (IoT applications with Lora, NB-IoT, etc.);
- Knowledge with Digital Signal Processing and its implementation (with some experience in FPGA);
- C/C++ coding ability targeting 8-, 16- and 32-micros including hands-on development and troubleshooting of various embedded targets;
- Knowledge in EDA tools (Cadence or Synopsys) and FEM tools (Comsol).
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package in line with those offered by other international research organizations. Staff will also benefit from the various social facilities available at INL.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- Highly competitive multidisciplinary research environment.
How to apply
To submit your application, please click on the “APPLY” button.
International candidates are welcome to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter describing their experience, curriculum vitae and two references.
Enquires should be directed to email@example.com
INL firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice taking into account the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.