Ref.01.18.01/1 - Research Fellow – Development of Integrated Single Chip NMR Spectrometer
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Department: Nanoelectronics Engineering
Group: Precision Medicine Engineering (PME)
Job Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 24 months
Closing Date: May 8th 2019, 23:00 (Lisbon Time)
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
With advances in microelectronics technology, magnetic resonance (MR) community sees the emergence of portable and compact MR spectrometer (i.e., pulse programmer, trans-receiver, and digital signal processing) on a highly integrated circuit platform (e.g., field programmable gate array, complementary-metal-oxide semiconductor) targeting on in-situ application such as disease diagnosis/monitoring, and precision agriculture at point-of-use setting.
INL is seeking a qualified Research Fellow to work on a project aiming at designing and developing the first integrated and scalable single chip low field (
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
The Research Fellow will design and develop integrated and compact NMR system. This project will be carried out in close collaboration between Precision Medicine Engineering (PME), System Engineering and Nanodevices within the Department of Nanoelectronics Engineering, INL.
- Design (e.g., simulate) and develop thin film magnetic using microfabrication technology,
- Radio-frequency Circuit Design, System integration of NMR instrumentations into a compact and portable device.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or a related field of study, acquired prior to the intended starting date at the INL;
- Solid knowledge and vast experience in radiofrequency and advanced microelectronic, system engineering, embedded system, circuit design, and microfabrication.
- Prior knowledge and experience in using and designing CMOS/FPGA;
- Knowledge in NMR would be helpful but not required.
- Strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team in an interdisciplinary environment, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and to meet deadlines;
- A good track record of disseminating research results.
- Experience in carrying out research in collaboration with industry is highly valued.
- English is the working language of INL. Therefore, excellent communication skills in English are required.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package;
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL;
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online. Please click on the 'Apply' button;
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae and University certificates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organization, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquiries should be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.