Laboratory director and independent principal investigators
Shanghai Ninth People’s Hospital affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine
639 Zhi Zao Ju Rd, Huang Pu District, 200011, Shanghai, China
Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine related disciplines including: Stem Cell, Developmental Biology, Biomaterials, Biomedical Engineering
Shanghai Tissue Engineering Key Laboratory is among the leaders of its type in China. Founded by Professor Yilin Cao in 1999 at Shanghai Ninth People’s Hospital, it has become one of the key laboratories of the Shanghai Science and Technology Committee. Since it opened, the lab has made great contribution to the field of tissue engineering and has a strong global reputation.
The laboratory aspires to become a national and international research platform for original research in tissue engineering/regenerative medicine, including stem cell biology, development biology, biomedical engineering, and regenerative biomaterials. The laboratory also closely collaborates with the National Tissue Engineering Center (NTEC) for the translation of clinical therapy and related product development. The new lab director and PIs will be expected to produce high-quality original research, which will lead to fundamental breakthroughs in basic research, and great potential for translation.
Level 1: Laboratory Director
Job application requirements:
1. Age under 55 (born after January 1, 1964);
2. The preferred candidates will have postgraduate study experience with PhD degree and professor title, or associate professor or professor at a renowned foreign university or research institution. Candidates should be eligible for application for national talent plans.
3. Candidates should have a forward-looking, innovative and strategic vision regarding laboratory construction and academic research. They should put forward feasible long-term and medium-term scientific research plans.
4. The candidates should have NIH RO1 project grant when working abroad, or have hosted national key scientific research projects grants, or major international cooperation project grants when working domestically. The candidates should have published influential academic papers in SCI indexed journals, and can lead the laboratory to make significant scientific achievements in basic and applied fields.
5. The candidate should be in good health, and an excellent communicator.
Level 2: Principle investigator
Job application requirements:
1. Age under 45 (born after January 1, 1974)
2. Preferred candidates will have postgraduate study experience with a PhD and professor title, or associate professor or professor at a renowned foreign university or research institution. Candidates should be eligible for application for national talent plans.
3. The candidate should be in good health, and an excellent communicator.
Applicants should send copies of resumes, academic degrees and professional and technical qualifications to the Human Resources Department of Shanghai Ninth People’s Hospital. Room 204, Building No. 8, 639 Zhi Zao Ju Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, postcode 200011.
Please indicate Applicant for Director of Key Laboratory of Tissue Engineering,
or Applicant for Principal Investigators of Key Laboratory of Tissue Engineering Research.
Salary and benefit
Employees will be provided with generous salaries, adequate funding for start-up research, appropriate office and laboratory space, and be equipped with an excellent research team to meet the needs of scientific research work. Details will be provided during the interview.
Mr. Jin and Mr. Zhou at Human Resource of Shanghai Ninth People’s Hospital
Telephone: +86-21-63131666 +86-21-63153251