R&D Engineer – Smart Grid Integration, Dubai
Position Code: 31102
Area: Smart Grid Integration
Program: Power Systems
The DEWA R&D Centre is looking to fill the vacancy of a research engineer to contribute in the project for development a user-friendly and technically flexible and unified EV charging station for UAE users. Specifically, the research engineer will develop:
- Modeling and simulation of Electric Vehicles (EV), energy storage systems, power converters and control algorithms.
- Power converters hardware design, testing, validation and certification.
- Prototyping and industrialization procedures.
The project requires an understanding of EV and chargers. The candidate should be proficient in modeling power converters for EV charging applications (switching and average models) and should be comfortable to learn additional ones.
The candidate should be comfortable working as member of a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects across multiple areas but also manage individual tasks independently. Thinking out of the box and comfort in bridging cross-disciplinary silos to conduct innovative research are strongly desirable qualities.
Contract Duration: 2 years with potential for extension
- PhD in a related discipline e.g. Power Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering etc.
- Scopus-indexed publication record.
- Experience with simulation tools (e.g. MATLAB-SIMULINK)
- Specific modeling and simulation skills (e.g. power converters switching and average models)
- MSc in a related discipline e.g. Power Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering etc.
- Power electronics modeling experience
Please send the following: i) cover letter (PDF), ii) CV including full list of publications/patents (PDF), iii) at least three names of references with contact information, and other supporting documents (optional) to DEWA R&D Centre recruitment R&D.Recruitment@dewa.gov.ae. Please include the Area and Position Code in the subject line of the email. If you need clarifications on the position please send an email to Grid.R&D@dewa.gov.ae.
About the employer
The package offered is in line with regional and global DEWA is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offers a dynamic work environment, internationally competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Centre is housed in a state-of-the-art lab facility located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.