R&D Engineer – Smart Grid Integration, Dubai
Position Code: 31101
Area: Smart Grid Integration
Program: Utility Intelligent-Grids
The DEWA R&D Centre is looking to fill the vacancy of a research engineer to contribute in the project for Distributed Energy Resources (DER) integration through Virtual Power Plant (VPP) systems and Blockchain. Specifically, the research engineer will develop:
- DER integration and control.
- Blockchain infrastructure setup and Web-based interface development.
- Forecasting, predictive control and optimization methods simulation, implementation and validation.
The project requires an understanding of Power and Energy Systems. The candidate should be proficient in power systems modeling and integration (e.g. generation, loads, energy storage), control algorithms development and implementation (e.g. forecasting, predictive control, SCADA, optimization methods), and interface programming (e.g. web-based platforms, blockchain) and should be comfortable to learn additional ones.
The candidate should be comfortable working as member of a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects across multiple areas but also manage individual tasks independently. Thinking out of the box and comfort in bridging cross-disciplinary silos to conduct innovative research are strongly desirable qualities.
Contract Duration: 1 year with potential for extension
- PhD in a related discipline e.g. Power Systems, Energy Systems, Software Engineering, Communications Systems, Computer Science etc.
- Scopus-indexed publication record.
- Programming skills (e.g. C/C++, Python)
- Cybersecurity and SCADA systems
- MSc in a related discipline e.g. Power Systems, Energy Systems, Software Engineering, Communications Systems, Computer Science etc.
- Programming general experience
- Power or Energy systems background
Please send the following: i) cover letter (PDF), ii) CV including full list of publications/patents (PDF), iii) at least three names of references with contact information, and other supporting documents (optional) to DEWA R&D Centre recruitment R&D.Recruitment@dewa.gov.ae. Please include the Area and Position Code in the subject line of the email. If you need clarifications on the position please send an email to Grid.R&D@dewa.gov.ae.
About the employer
The package offered is in line with regional and global DEWA is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offers a dynamic work environment, internationally competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Centre is housed in a state-of-the-art lab facility located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.