R&D Engineer – Robotics, Dubai
Position Code: 51102
Area: 4th Industrial Revolution
The DEWA R&D Centre is looking to fill the vacancy of a researcher to contribute in project for robotics solution for Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) related challenges. Specifically, the researcher will develop:
- ROS program for Rover and Drone.
- Rover-Drone collaboration.
The project requires an understanding the working of a concentrated solar power plant. The candidate should be proficient in ROS for Rover and Drone and should be comfortable to learn additional ones.
The candidate should be comfortable working as member of a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects across multiple areas but also manage individual tasks independently. Thinking out of the box and comfort in bridging cross-disciplinary silos to conduct innovative research are strongly desirable qualities.
Contract Duration: 2 years with potential for extension
- MSc in a related discipline e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, etc.
- 4 plus completed projects with programming packages (C++, Java, Python, ROS)
- BSc in a related discipline e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, etc.
- ROS programming experience
- Knowledge about basic electronics sensors
Please send the following: i) cover letter (PDF), ii) CV including full list of publications/patents (PDF), iii) at least three names of references with contact information, and other supporting documents (optional) to DEWA R&D Centre recruitment R&D.Recruitment@dewa.gov.ae. Please include the Area and Position Code in the subject line of the email.
About the employer
The package offered is competitive and in line with regional and global standards. DEWA is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offers a dynamic work environment, internationally competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Centre is housed in a state-of-the-art lab facility located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.