R&D Engineer 3D Printing – Software, Dubai
Position Code: 51105
Area: 4th Industrial Revolution
Program: 3D Printing
The DEWA R&D Centre is looking to fill the vacancy of a R&D Engineer (Software) to contribute in project for design/modeling, fabrication, assembly, characterization, and testing of novel 3D printer for research. Specifically, the research engineer will:
- Develop and conduct research in area of: novel 3D printer for research,
- Develop and integrate new proof-of-concepts (TRL 1-2), and subsequently realize the engineering prototype (TRL 3-5),
- Design, model, simulate, fabricate, assemble, test, characterize, troubleshoot key parts of 3D printer, and
- Build and deliver final prototypes of 3D printer which meet the requirements.
The project requires an understanding of design/simulation/modeling, hardware/electronics/mechatronics, software/programming/firmware, and engineering-integration of many components of 3D printer. The candidate should be proficient in the software/programming/firmware of 3D printer, hands-on experimental works, system integration of components and processes, and making 3D printer prototypes.
The candidate should be comfortable working as member of a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects across multiple areas but also manage individual tasks independently. Thinking out of the box and comfort in bridging cross-disciplinary silos to conduct innovative research are strongly desirable qualities.
Contract Duration: 2 years with potential for extension
- M.Sc. / M.Eng. in a related discipline e.g. Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, etc.
- Experience with line manufacturing/fabrication/assembly/testing process of 3D printer.
- Scopus-indexed publication record.
- Intellectual property (patent) record.
- Strong industrial/research experience with 3D printer software/programming.
- Extensive experience with selection and development of 3D printer software/programming/firmware.
- Extensive experience with CAD software, CAM software, multi-physics simulation, 3D printer slicing software.
- Experience with Fab Lab.
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. in a related discipline e.g. Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, etc.
- Industrial/research experience with 3D printer software/programming.
- Basic experience with selection of 3D printer software/programming/firmware.
- Basic experience with CAD software, CAM software, 3D printer slicing software.
- Basic knowledge of multi-physics simulation.
Please send the following: i) cover letter (PDF), ii) CV including full list of publications/patents (PDF), iii) at least three names of references with contact information, and other supporting documents (optional) to DEWA R&D Centre recruitment R&D.Recruitment@dewa.gov.ae. Please include the Area and Position Code in the subject line of the email.
About the employer
The package offered is competitive and in line with regional and global standards. DEWA is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offers a dynamic work environment, internationally competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Centre is housed in a state-of-the-art lab facility located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.