The Nestlé Plant Science Research Unit in Tours, France is part of the Nestlé Research Organization whose main center is located in Lausanne, Switzerland. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world.
• Nestlé Plant Science Research Unit – Tours (France)
• Department Head, Full-time contract
• PhD or Msc in Agronomy, Plant Science or equivalent
• At least 10 years of experience in R&D. Experience in industry is a plus
• Salary to be defined upon experience, bonus 15%, profit sharing
Within our Plant Science Research Unit based in Tours (France), you define and deploy the innovation strategy for Cocoa and Coffee plant science, contributing to a healthier future for people and the planet.
Reporting directly to the Unit Head, you ensure the translation of plant science and agronomy into business outcomes and contribute to our coffee and cocoa sustainability strategy to meet our society commitments.
This leader role offers an excellent opportunity to liaise with many areas of the business, working with multi-disciplinary teams and acting in an international matrix like organization.
This job is a unique opportunity to get visibility across different businesses and the R&D community to build your next career paths within Nestlé Group.
• As a manager leading a large team of technicians, engineers and scientists, you ensure adequate resources, budget, and competence levels to deliver improved plant materials with defined quality at defined time and cost.
• You contribute to the future successes of the coffee and cocoa businesses, driving innovation projects in alignment with business and sustainability strategies.
• You supervise three experimental farms in Latin America and Asia, visiting them regularly to guarantee alignment and proactive cooperation around common objectives.
• As an expert for plant science, you interact with Nestlé decision-makers and key external stakeholders. You create synergies through effective networking with all relevant R&D Units, business partners and Head Office. You build and maintain an external network of key players in coffee and cocoa research and manage collaborations with external partners.
What will make the difference
- At least 10 years of international experience in plant agronomy and plant selection, preferably in coffee or cocoa.
- Crop genetics and breeding experience
- Close exposure to Operations, Corporate Functions and/or markets within industrial environment
- Excellent project management skills with successful transfer into business
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead a cross functional project teams
- Courage to take decisions and solve problems
- Proven communication skills to influence key stakeholders