R&D Chemist (MSc/PhD level)
BioAtlantis Ltd. is a biotechnology company, specialising in the development and production of bioactives for the plant, animal, and human markets. The company is recruiting a talented chemist who will work on the extraction, purification and analysis of complex, natural-based products, spanning R&D and QC departments.
• Develop extraction and purification procedures for natural products at lab scale.
• Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on raw materials using laboratory analytical technique and experimentation.
• Make stable and efficient formulations to meet desired specifications and cost objectives in plant bioscience and animal feed area.
• Conduct stability testing and record results.
• Conduct literature search, review publications and prepare reports.
• Manage daily laboratory operations and schedules.
• Monitor equipment operations, calibrations and maintain cleanliness in the laboratory.
• Follow industry standards on scientific significance, accuracy, safety and record keeping.
Qualifications & experience
• 3-5 years of experience in natural products extraction, purification & isolation of active compounds.
• MSc, or PhD in chemistry, pharmacy, or related discipline.
• In-depth knowledge of wet chemistry techniques and instrumentational analysis /interpretation is required.
• Experience in formulation of food ingredients for animal or human health will be an added advantage.
• Prior experience with proteins, polysaccharides and other natural products is desired.
• Aptitude for practical chemistry.
• Precision and accuracy when undertaking analysis.
• Disciplined, organised and focused, with excellent problem solving skills.
The position is located in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland. Salary is negotiable. Please send a concise cover letter and clear CV to email@example.com by the 30 April, 2020.