Quantitative Systems Pharmacology Positions (All Levels)
Flexible, England, GB
Requisition ID: 1634
The Certara Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) group is a global organization focused on the impactful application of QSP and mechanistic PKPD modeling and simulation in drug discovery and development. We are leading several first-of-its-kind QSP Consortia with more than 10 global pharmaceutical companies and have a rapidly expanding consultancy portfolio. Our QSP scientists work in close collaboration with other Certara staff and clients to generate and use state-of-the-art mechanistic models for decision making in pharmaceutical R&D. The models are designed in close dialogue with clients and developed with a view to creating user-friendly tools that will inform drug development programs from discovery to regulatory filing. We have unique capability to seamlessly integrate bespoke QSP models into the Simcyp® physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) platform. Besides our well-established leadership in applied QSP approaches in Immunology and Immuno-Oncology, we are now also the leading provider of QSP approaches in neuro-degenerative diseases through Certara’s recent acquisition of the In Silico Biosciences modelling platform.
We are seeking highly motivated and talented QSP modelling experts at all levels, who share our passion for using quantitative approaches to understand and impact complex drug discovery and development questions. Positions are available at various levels of experience across our global locations and for flexible, home-based roles.
Requirements (essential/desirable depending on level):
• Postdoctoral experience in systems modelling for drug discovery/ development teams.
• PhD (or equivalent) in life sciences, engineering, computer sciences, mathematics physics or equivalent.
• Good understanding of PKPD, pharmacology and biology and its application in drug discovery and development.
• Very familiar and outstanding hands-on expertise with Matlab, Neuron or other similar modelling software.
• Strong publication record (commensurate with level of experience).
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Skilled and experienced at facilitating a multi-disciplinary team to work together on a complex project.
• Ability to clearly and efficiently communicate with all stakeholders.
• Organised and with track record of delivering quality results on time.
• Ability to work virtually with project teams across different locations and time zones.
• Leads by example.
• Highly computer literate and familiar with modern IT and communications technology.
• Good presentation skills.
• Combines scientific excellence with ability to make impact in drug discovery and development programs.
• Ability to manage multiple client project timelines and deliverables simultaneously.
Role (depending on experience)
• Overall responsibility for project delivery of quality QSP solutions on time.
• Provide hands-on technical support for model building when required.
• Work with clients to ensure they receive the expected added value.
• Work with the consortium/ consulting teams to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
• Work with Certara QSP line management to deliver optimum solutions.
• Provide general expert technical input across Certara QSP portfolio.
• Mentor other Certara QSP staff.
Line of Management: Senior Vice President, Head of QSP Consultancy or Head of Systems Modelling
Position Type: Full Time
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days, plus statutory bank holidays
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience (plus discretionary bonus, contributory pension scheme, health care scheme etc.)