Publications Account/Sales Operations Manager
Competitive pay, excellent benefits, exciting opportunities
The American Physical Society (APS) is seeking a customer-focused, results-driven Publications Account Manager or Sales Operations Manager (depending on experience) to join our Publishing team. APS publishes a world-leading Physical Review portfolio of 14 peer-reviewed journals in physics and related research areas, and this role will join the team responsible for providing sustainable access to these prestigious publications through the management of institutional customers spanning academia, government and industry across the globe.
The American Physical Society (APS) is a mission-driven, nonprofit membership organization with an operating budget of $55M and over 55,000 members working in academia, national laboratories, and industrial sectors. We are the leading organization for physicists in the U.S. and throughout the world.
As a Publications Account Manager at APS, you will primarily manage licensing and customer service for consortia and multi-site institutional subscribers. To be effective you will foster strong relationships and effective collaboration with subscription and consortia coordinators, independent regional sales agents, subscription service partners, and your colleagues Publishing and Finance and across APS .
For a qualified and ambitious candidate, the Sales Operations Manager role would also potentially include responsibilities for staff management, driving operational excellence through continuous improvement, and potential development of new customers, products, revenue streams and business models.
These roles directly support the strategy and operations of the Publishing Department in support of the APS mission and strategic plan.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A Bachelor’s degree is required, and experience in customer service, business administration and/or sales is preferred.
Strong candidates will have knowledge and/or experience in some or all of the following:
- scholarly journals publishing
- institutional subscription sales
- content license agreements
- consortia management
- open access
- off-setting and read-and-publish/publish-and-read models
- professional society governance, operations and culture
Applicable competencies and skills include:
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Relationship building and management
- Ability to manage work well independently, within the team, and across departments
- Strong organization and time management skills, and an eye for detail
- Effective written and verbal communications
Some domestic and international business travel may also be required.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Great pay, amazing benefits
- Work-life balance
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Experience in a rapidly-changing scholarly communications landscape
- Professional, passionate colleagues
- The chance to support an organization with a mission, vision and values you believe in
Please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirement, and a list of professional references to the attention of APS Human Resources via e-mail: email@example.com
APS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. EOE M/F/D/V