Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Proteomics Service Group Leader
Institute for Genetics, CECAD
With approximately 49,000 students, the University of Cologne is one of the largest universities in Germany and ranks among the Excellence Universities. It employs over 600 professors and 7,000 academic and non-academic staff.
The aim of the Excellence Cluster is the characterization of molecular mechanisms underlying the aging process in living systems. Our research relies on quantitative mass spectrometry and the research scope of the facility includes quantitative proteome profiling as well as the identification of post-translational modifications in various model organisms.
• Operation and maintenance of modern liquid chromatography systems
• Support of researchers and training of young scientists in proteomics techniques
• Interpretation of mass spectrometry experiments
• Organization and continuous updating of the MS platform
• Close collaboration with the lipidomics, metabolomics and bioinformatics facility
• Experience in protein quantification techniques, targeted proteomics, XL-MS, and bioinformatics analysis of proteomic data
• Experience in computational mass spectrometry and statistical data analysis
• Expertise in chromatographic systems and quantitative mass spectrometry, including SILAC, labelfree, and chemical labeling techniques
• Experience in systems biology
WE OFFER YOU
• quantitative proteomics with modern mass spectrometers
• a diverse and fair working environment
• support in reconciling work and family life
• flexible working time models
• extensive advanced training opportunities
• occupational health management offers
• local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from 01.09.2019 on a full-time basis (39.83 hours). It is on a permanent basis. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 14 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations. Women are expressly encouraged to apply and given priority in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landes-gleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We expressly welcome applications from individuals with severe disabilities or people of equivalent status. Severely disabled applicants of equal merit and qualifications will be given priority.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one PDF file) with the reference number wiss1906-03 to email@example.com.
The application deadline is 19.07.2019.