Biognosys is the leading company in next generation proteomics. We offer services and products for precise, high-content protein quantification. Biognosys was founded in 2008 as a spin-off from the ETH Zurich in Switzerland. Located within the Bio-Technopark in Schlieren just outside of Zurich, we operate our own state of the art proteomics facility, providing services to pharma, biotechnology, agriculture and life science companies worldwide.
Our technology quantifies proteins with unbeatable precision and depth. Biognosys’ mission is to make next generation proteomics widely available through our contract research services and our portfolio of innovative reagents and software products.
The primary role of the Proteomics Applications Specialist is to provide scientific expertise and support to prospective and existing product users with the goal to win new customers and drive recurring sales from existing clients. You will assist our customers in making the right product choices by identifying their needs and providing accurate and in-depth information about Biognosys’ solutions. You will support our customers during product trials and product implementation by providing both onsite and online training to new customers, answering technical questions, presenting new features, and diagnosing and resolving any issues promptly. Working closely with your colleagues in the Sales & Marketing team, you will develop and improve customer support and marketing materials. You will interact on a regular basis with our R&D team to stay on top of new product development.
- Extensive experience in proteomics is required (either PhD with focus on proteomics or minimum 3 years of postdoctoral experience in the field)
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics or a related discipline
- Experience with computational tools for protein identification, statistical analysis and visualization/interpretation of mass spectrometric data
- Experience with Biognosys products (Spectronaut/SpectroDive) is a plus
- A user-centric mindset and a genuine motivation to help and communicate with users
- Excellent verbal and written communication
WORKING AT BIOGNOSYS
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere in a young and motivated team. You will profit from an open and flexible company structure where personal initiative is appreciated and encouraged. Biognosys is backed by strong investors and offers the opportunity to grow with the company in a promising and innovative market.
TAKE THE STEP