Corteva Agriscience is the only major Agriscience company completely dedicated to agriculture. We have a strong history of bringing the brightest minds and expertise together to drive innovative research and deliver market shaping products.
The Input Trait Discovery group, located in Johnston, IA, has an exciting opportunity for a Protein Optimization & Design Lead, who is willing to build and lead a world class team towards improving the efficacy, spectrum and function of insecticidal proteins through protein engineering & design.
As a leader, you will be a recognized expert in the field, and your scientific expertise and knowledge will be relied upon to provide strategy and solutions towards solving complex protein engineering challenges. You will be part of cross-functional teams and will be responsible for delivering engineered lead candidates to the pipeline. This role presents a great opportunity for candidates who have a passion for applied industrial research and like being in a startup-like environment, developing strategies, hiring talented team members, training and supervising them while executing on projects simultaneously.
- Deep understanding of protein structure-function relationships, preferably in the area of pore-forming toxins
- Extensive experience in protein engineering, through rational/knowledge-based design or directed evolution
- Experience in protein structure evolution and analysis, protein design tools and computational biology
- Latest experience in synthetic biology techniques and high-throughput library construction
- Proven experience in mentorship and team management
- Confidence and ability to work through challenging issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Experience in successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines within a matrixed organization with strict attention to detail and prioritization.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and technical writing skills required.
- Proven ability to build solid relationships, earn the confidence of internal stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to get results in timely manner with attention to timelines and deadlines.
- Strong organizational and project management skills required.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, persistent and have the ability to work effectively both alone and in teams.
- PhD in Protein Structural Biology, Molecular Biology or related scientific field
- Post-doctoral experience from a reputed university or lab with proven scientific track-record of publications and/or patents
- 8-10 years experience in industry settings and/or applied research
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.