(Valid from 20/12/2022 to 21/02/2023)
Language: English (UK)
Organisation Department of Life Sciences and Medicine (DLSM)
Job Number: UOL05462
Schedule Full Time
Work Hours 40.0 Hours per Week
Functions: Project Management
Job Project officer
The University | About us…
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was
founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary
centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial
Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data
Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its
“international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields
of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to
generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and
environment we live in.
The University plans for 7 additional training curricula at the bachelor level in the domain of healthcare professions: registered nurse (1), midwifery
(1), imaging technologist (1), and nursing specialties (4). Expected launch is 2023 and 2024.
In this context of high growth of the healthcare education, the role of the project officer consists in:
* Supporting the leadership for development and implementation of healthcare professional training curricula
* Contributing to and following-up of implementation activities and communication with the stakeholders from the health and academic sector (national
* Taking care of the development of curricula by organizing meetings, task-forces, seminars, writing minutes and reports, preparing working documents
and finalizing applications
* Taking care of the definition and of the development of the virtual simulation equipment in the perspective of the nursing care and other allied
health care education programs and analysing crosssectional areas with medical education to improve mutualization of equipment and courses
* Liaising with stakeholders, drafting curricula, setting-up budgets, preparing accreditation applications in collaboration with national and
international partners of the nursing care and allied health care education programs. Serving as contact person of the respective training programs
* Coordinate the establishment of partnerships with international partners regarding the ERASMUS mobility program (Universities and internships in
hospitals) in close collaboration with the several departments (Legal, International Relations,…) at unilu.
* Networking with professors, teachers, clinicians, researchers and other stakeholders in the academic and Nursing Science field
* Supporting development of research in Nursing Science, primary care, healthcare domains, public health, social sciences, psychology, digitalization,
AI and education sciences applied to health care professions
* Knowing that a significant part of training takes place in Luxembourg’s hospitals, establish a network between directors for nursing care in the
different hospitals, and the FHL (Fédération des Hôpitaux Luxembourgeois)
* Stay in touch with similar training programs in the Greater Region and develop collaborative exchange programs to promote in-training mobility
What we expect from you…
* Master’s degree or equivalent
* 4-6 years of relevant working experience in Nursing Science
* Solid experience and certification as Project manager (Prince2), Program Manager (MSP) or Portfolio Manager (MOP)
* Experience in the academic field is considered as a strong asset
* Ability to coordinate and organize the project office for complex and multidisciplinary projects involving multiple internal and external parties
* Strong communication skills
* Fluent in English and French, and other language (German or Luxembourgish) is a plus
* You will join an open-minded and creative work environment at Esch-Belval university campus
* You will contribute to the promotion and development of the new tracks of Nursing Science education in Luxembourg
* The role provides the opportunity to be part of an international environment in a young, growing team
* The University offers attractive compensation & benefits and is an equal opportunity employer
* Contract Type: Permanent
* Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
* Location: Belval
* Job Reference: UOL05462
How to apply…
Applications should include:
* Curriculum Vitae
* Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system.
Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to
gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
* Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of
the Greater Region” (UniGR).
* A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site
with excellent infrastructure.
* A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous
non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
* Find out more about the University
* Addresses, maps & routes to the various sites of the University
Apply here https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?ID=PSAFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4I3&nPostingTargetId=118419&nPostingId=80096
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is
not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error
please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage
mechanism. Springer Nature Limited does not accept liability for any statements
made which are clearly the sender’s own and not expressly made on behalf of
Springer Nature Ltd or one of their agents.
Please note that Springer Nature Limited and their agents and affiliates do not
accept any responsibility for viruses or malware that may be contained in this
e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and
attachments (if any).
Springer Nature Limited. Registered office: The Campus, 4 Crinan Street, London,
N1 9XW. Registered Number: 00785998 England.
University of Luxembourg