Area of research:
The PUNCH4NFDI consortium aims at a sustainable utilisation of research data and the establishment of a FAIR data management for particle physics, astroparticle physics, astronomy, and hadron&nuclear physics. In doing so, the consortium builds especially on unique expertise in “big data” management, in “open data” and in data transformations. The consortium, which is part of the German national research data infrastructure (Nationale Forschungsdateninfrastruktur, NFDI) represents more than 40 institutions – university institutes, Max Planck institutes, Helmholtz centres, as weil as Leibniz institutes. For its purposes, the consortium receives funding from the DFG for an initial period of 5 years. As project manager of PUNCH4NFDI, you are the central point of coordination and will drive the scientific and technical developments. As chair of the Management Board, you oversee the execution of the consortium ’s work plan and build the bridge to other consortia in the NFDI and to the larger science community on the german and European level. You organise the internal procedures of the consortium, and you are also the adminstrative head of the consortium, responsible (assisted by a project office at DESY) for the distribution and reporting of the received DFG funds.
- Project manager of the PUNCH4NFDI consortium and chair of the PUNCH4NFDI Management Board
- Coordination of work in the PUNCH4NFDI task areas
- Development and maintenance of working contacts to NFDI e.V., to the DFG, and to other NFDI consortia
- Reporting to the PUNCH4NFDI Executive Board on scientific and financial developments
- Reporting towards DFG and NFDI e.V. and preparation of relevant material
- Regulation of distribution of funds and controlling of funds together with the DESY administrative support
- Preparation of general PUNCH4NFDI meetings
- Scientific contribution to a DESY project within the PUNCH4NFDI consortium
- Scientific qualification in at least one of the scientific branches of PUNCH4NFDI (particle physics, astroparticle physics, astronomy, hadron&nuclear physics)
- Long-term professional experience, preferentially at the Ph.D. level
- Experience or proven significant interest in computing or data management
- Experience in the management of scientific projects is seen as an advantage
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Good ability to work in teams
- Good mastering of written and spoken German and English
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time and job-sharing. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration is according to the regulations of the TV-AVH.
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany’s largest scientific organisation.