The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
Within the University, the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) is a highly interdisciplinary research centre (IC), integrating experimental biology and computational biology approaches in order to develop the foundation of a future predictive, preventive and personalized medicine. The University of Luxembourg is seeking to make an appointment within the LCSB as soon as possible for the following position:
Project Manager (m/f) – On project
As part of the LCSB Operations Team, the Project Manager will be in charge of a feasibility study and conceptualisation for a research initiative in the field of personalized medicine. As team member of the LCSB Operations, you will report directly to the Head of LCSB Operations and will interact closely with the researchers, colleagues of the operations team and external stakeholders.
Your main activities will be:
• Work out project governance, objectives and deliverables in close alignment with internal and external stakeholders
• Set-up the project plan including resourcing, planning and risk mitigation
• Perform benchmarking analysis, needs assessment and feasibility study, how to place the research initiative within the national and international research environment
• Execute all PM activities alongside the project’s roadmap by delivering regular insight in the progress to all stakeholders (e.g. organize and document stakeholder meetings)
• Be at the forefront of all ongoing project activities and ensure follow up on deliverables and progress of milestones
• Writing of strategic concepts and proposals for grant applications
• Act as a sounding board by facilitating communication between the different stakeholders, consulting with them from project set-up to decision making process
• Acting as an interface between research, health sectors, administrations and patient associations
The successful candidate is demonstrating a proactive, welcoming and service-minded attitude; disposing of very good communication skills in English and the ability to plan and work on simultaneous tasks with a sense of priority.
• PhD in Life science or related areas
• Proven experience in collaborative research, research management and project management tools and techniques
• Excellent verbal and written command in English. Working knowledge in French, German and/or Luxembourgish will be a strong asset
• Diplomatic team player, able to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• Very good relationship management skills and experienced in building and development networks combined with strong analytical skills
• Have the ability to prioritise workload, keep deadlines reliably and work responsibly with attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience in successful grant writing would be considered as an asset
• Proficiency with modern office software, spread sheets and collaborative platforms
You will work in a dynamic international environment with the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects.
If you are interested in a new challenge within our University, please apply ONLINE by uploading your CV and your motivation letter in English until 30/11/2019.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications will be handled in strict confidentiality.