Your responsibilities will consist of driving the medicinal chemistry in small molecule drug discovery projects (incl. IP, ADME, etc) and comprises the management of a project team of 2 to 10 chemists.
Potentially, next to leading the project, part of your tasks will still include the synthesis, purification and analysis of small organic molecules in various projects, with the aim of discovering new medicines..
- You hold an academic degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent;
- You hold a PhD degree preferentially in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences, with as subject the synthesis of small organic molecules;
- You have solid knowledge and experience in the area of synthesis of small organic molecules and experimental evaluation of biologically active substances;
- Previous experience in the field is a requirement. Practical experience in a company with drug discovery activities is a major asset;
- You have a strong interest in scientific research and more specifically in research of new medicines;
- You are goal oriented and can handle deadlines and pressure;
- You are a team player who can operate independently, are quality oriented, working with accuracy and attention to order and purity;
- You are communicative and fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch or French is an asset.