Project Leader, Drug Development
Location: Stratford, London (Home-based working arrangements are also an option)
Salary: £42,400 – £56,150 dependent on experience
Closing date: 3rd November 2019, however, please note that we may begin interviewing before this date so early application is strongly encouraged.
Are you an experience drug development professional who can help to speed up our progress?
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of Cancer Research UK’s strategy of helping 3 out 4 people beat cancer by 2034. The CRUK Centre for Drug Development (CDD) plays a vital role in delivering patient benefit by developing novel cancer medicines and is home to a team of multidisciplinary scientists including project leaders, clinical study managers and portfolio managers, with core skills in regulatory-directed drug development science.
Why we need you
The CDD is looking to recruit an ambitious Project Leader to…Develop novel anti-cancer agents in co-operation with UK academic centres and our global pharmaceutical and biotech partners. You will be leading multidisciplinary drug development project teams, driving the delivery of science-based decision-making through preclinical and clinical phases of development. You will also use your scientific knowledge and in-depth project planning skills to advance projects and to contribute to the development of the CDD’s project capability.
What will I be doing?
Make an impact every day by:
- Leading multidisciplinary project teams to plan and deliver drug development projects, driving science-based decision making through exploratory, preclinical and clinical phases of development
- Being fully accountable for the delivery of projects under their control, the PL must ensure that projects are developed to scope, budget and timeframe
- Building and implementing a realistic, team-endorsed, project plan and to ensure that all changes are communicated to the project team and, where appropriate, to the portfolio team.
- Setting project team goals and to be accountable for their delivery.
To view the full job description please click here: https://adobe.ly/35spuNy
What skills are you looking for?
You’ll be able to bring to the role:
- Demonstrable experience in a project management or leadership position in drug development or discovery
- Experience of managing stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of managing teams in a matrix environment
- Strong prioritisation skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
Ideally, you will also be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of the drug development landscape, possess skills in a bioscience-based discipline, or have gained experience of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology and/or drug discovery sectors.