The German Sport University Cologne (GSU) is a research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research on all issues of sport, exercise and physical activity. With its diversity of disciplines, excellent international reputation and unique campus, the GSU offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to over 6,000 students from 93 countries and 1,000 employees. Learn more at www.dshs-koeln.de
Professor in systems biology and trainability (f/m/d)
Applications are invited for a position as full Professor (German W2 level) in the field of systems biology and trainability. The intended start is as soon as possible.
GSU seeks outstanding applicants with internationally recognized expertise in applied systems biology of the human organism. Candidates are expected to have a focus on complex biological and physiological parameters which can be changed through physical activity and training.
Applicants must document:
• an excellent record of original research at a high international level in the context of modelling of systems biological processes of the human organism with an empirical focus
• a recognizable transfer of scientific findings into the development of society
• the successful acquisition of competitive and non-competitive third-party funds
• positive teacher/course evaluations in the context of the professorship.
Applicants are expected to have:
• expertise in systems biology modelling preferably using data sets from innovative metabolic and physiological biosensorics or from proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics and (epi)-genomics
• expertise in transfer and application of systems biology knowledge and models for practical use in the areas of physical performance and health
• an established international research cooperation in systems biology.
• be willing and able to collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines
• have advanced English language teaching skills
• have spent time at academic institutions abroad.
Close integration into the life science research areas of GSU is offered and expected. The willingness to participate in all Bachelor, Master and Teacher Training courses at GSU is expected.
Prerequisites for employment according to § 36 Higher Education Act NRW are:
• a university degree
• a Ph.D. or equivalent
• appropriate pedagogical/educational skills
• a Postdoc or equivalent academic achievement.
The position includes a teaching load of 9 teaching units (45 minutes) per week. (F1).
For international applicants, initial adequate German language skills and the ability to offer classes taught in German language within six semesters are expected.
The German Sport University Cologne strives to increase the proportion of female staff and expressly encourages qualified female applications. Women will be considered preferentially in accordance with the State Equality Act.
Applications from persons with severe disabilities or equivalent status are welcome. They will be given preferential treatment within the framework of the statutory provisions.
It is the policy of the German Sport University Cologne to support its employees in reconciling family life and work.
Candidates should submit a letter of application detailing research and teaching experience, a CV, a list of publications and a selection of these as a pdf. Applications should be sent to the following email address only by 30.04.2020 at the latest: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the reference number 2017-Prof-Systembiologie. Refer also to our website www.dshs-koeln.de. You can find information about data protection relating to your application under www.dshs-koeln.de/datenschutz.