Position Available: Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in Pathogen and/or Microbiome Research
Location: The Pathogen and Microbiome Division (TGen North), Translational Genomics Research Institute, Flagstaff, AZ
Duties and Responsibilities:
Individuals are invited to apply for an assistant, associate or full professor faculty position in the Pathogen and Microbiome Division (TGen North), a part of the non-profit Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen), located in Flagstaff, AZ. TGen is a global leader in the advancement of science and technology to impact human disease. We are seeking individuals with research interests that complement existing strengths in basic or translational pathogen and infectious disease research, which may include genomics, epidemiology, bioinformatics, immunology, molecular biology, microbiology, microbiomics, population genetics, disease ecology, vector biology and genomics, phylogeography, and clinical microbiology expertise.
The successful candidate will be expected to: (1) develop and/or transfer an intensive research program that is supported by awards from extramural agencies and/or foundations; (2) contribute largely to TGen’s One Health mission to improve human health; and (3) perform service for the Division, TGen and the larger research community.
Education and Preferred Qualifications:
- PhD in Biology, Microbiology, Epidemiology, Molecular Biology, Computer Science or related discipline
- For Assist. Professor: Successful completion of a postdoctoral fellowship or equivalent experience
- For Assoc. Professor: At least two years in an academic assistant professorship, or equivalent experience
- For Full Professor: At least four years in an academic associate professorship, or equivalent experience
- Evidence of conducting research complementary to the research of current faculty members in the Pathogen and Microbiome Division.
- Demonstrated success with submitting proposals for external and/or internal research and obtaining funding.
- Demonstrated considerable success with peer-reviewed research publications.
- Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working with younger researchers, colleagues, and community members from culturally and scientifically diverse backgrounds.
More About TGen
Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) is an Arizona-based non-profit organization dedicated to conducting groundbreaking research with life changing results. TGen is focused on helping patients with neurological disorders, cancer, diabetes, and infectious diseases, through cutting edge translational research (the process of rapidly moving research towards patient benefit). TGen physicians and scientists work to unravel the genetic components of both common and rare complex diseases in adults and children. Working with collaborators in the scientific and medical communities literally worldwide, TGen makes a substantial contribution to help our patients through efficiency and effectiveness of the translational process. TGen is affiliated with City of Hope, a world-renowned independent research and cancer and diabetes treatment center: www.cityofhope.org. This precision medicine affiliation enables both institutes to complement each other in research and patient care, with City of Hope providing a significant clinical setting to advance scientific discoveries made by TGen. For more information, visit: www.tgen.org.
If you are interested in seeing the most up to date job listings or to apply for this position, please go to https://www.tgen.org/careers-tgen/ and submit your resume. Please take a moment to read about our employee benefits and learn more about TGen. If you have any questions about the company or how to apply for a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should write a vision statement, no longer than two pages, that outlines one or more major unsolved problems in their field and how they plan to address them at TGen. The vision statement should be a forward-thinking document and go beyond a summary of the applicant’s prior and current research.
We value and support diversity in our workforce.