1. Work to identify who the users are and what their needs are based on evidence.
2. Capture and translates user needs into deliverables.
3. Ensure all activities and services are delivering added value to support organisational objectives.
4. Develop and communicate visions and strategies, and work to secure organisational and team to buy-in.
5. Translate the vision into prioritised deliverable goals.
6. Define the minimum viable product and make decisions about priorities.
7. Understand the different phases of product delivery and contribute to, plan or run these.
8. Lead a team through the different phases of the delivery lifecycle, including maintaining and iterating a product over time to continuously meet user needs.
9. Plan and engage with the appropriate stakeholders at a particular stage in the project.
10. Manage the operational process of designing and running a product or service throughout its entire life-cycle.
11. Identify problems, analysing and helping to identify the appropriate solution and prioritise remedies.
Core experience, skills and qualifications
1. Able to use a range of product management principles and approaches
2. Able to apply a build, measure, learn approach appropriately.
3. Able to focus on outcomes, not solutions.
4. Able to understand when/how to balance user needs and business needs.
5. Able to apply Lean & Agile methodologies and mindset to all aspects of work.
6. Capable of working with a range of specialists in multidisciplinary teams.
7. Able to build effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others.
8. Able to leverage stakeholders’ experience, expertise and perspectives, and to work with and challenge stakeholders appropriately.
9. Able to understand and work constructively within the given constraints, but also to identify which constraints can be challenged and how to challenge them effectively.
10. Able to take responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes, and actively seek out