Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what’s possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in South San Francisco, CA:
Principal Scientific Researcher or Senior Scientific Researcher, Immunology
The Wilson Lab in the Department of Immunology at Genentech is seeking a highly talented, driven and motivated Senior / Principal Scientific Researcher to investigate novel pathways, biologies and potential therapeutic targets to treat inflammatory airway diseases. COPD, severe Asthma and sarcoidosis continue to plague many people and the treatment options are insufficient. The successful candidate will be responsible for advancing exciting and novel research stage programs into early clinical development, providing both scientific and technical expertise and generating solid proof of concept data. No prior industry experience required, but an open and curious scientific mind is essential. Excellent communication skills, will facilitate fruitful and open collaborations with other labs in immunology, human genetics, biomarker discovery and early clinical development. Time and space will be provided to both drive the pipeline research program and also explore new biologies and pathways for new target discovery. Using state of the art techniques and technologies, the candidate will have the capacity to develop in silico, in vitro and in vivo skills to test the involvement of novel pathways and molecules in the pathogenesis of inflammatory diseases and to identify the mechanism of action (MOA) of new targets. A good understanding of both innate and adaptive immune responses will advantageous.
Who You Are
- An ideal Principal Scientific Researcher candidate would have a PhD degree and post-doctoral experience in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related field and will have a good understanding of cytokine biology and cytokine receptor signaling.
- An ideal Senior Scientific Researcher candidate would have a bachelors or masters degree and research experience in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related field and will have a good understanding of cytokine biology and cytokine receptor signaling.
- Have a documented record of professional achievement in the form of high-quality publications.
- Be theoretically and practically well versed in immunology and molecular immunology techniques such as primary cell isolation from tissues, in vitro stimulation of hematopoietic / immune cells, advanced flow cytometry (8+ colors), cellular immunological assays, molecular biology, ELISA/MSD, qRT-PCR/RNAseq/scRNA-Seq, WB and have experience or be willing to develop in-vivo models to test pathways.
- Have excellent communication skills and be committed to teamwork-oriented discovery.
- Can present research at intra- and inter-departmental meetings and work effectively as part of a team.
- Qualified candidates should be adept at independently designing, executing and interpreting experiments.
Relocation benefits are available for this job posting.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Who We Are?
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. To solve the world’s most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply for this job” button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
If you are in need of an accommodation due to a disability to assist with submitting your application or at any point during the hiring process, please email US.email@example.com.