With a generous support from the Guangzhou City Government and the Guangdong Provincial Government, Guangzhou Regenerative Medicine and Health-Guangdong Laboratory (GRMH-GDL) was launched in 2017. GRMH-GDL aims to bring together multiple leading scientific research units from Guangdong, Hong Kong, Macao and well-known international research institutes to achieve the vital goal of “Healthy China” and to cooperatively tackle the scientific and technical problems and challenges. GRMH-GDL is focused on research areas including basic and translational cutting-edge scientific research of stem cell and regenerative medicine, preclinical research and clinical application.
Max-Planck Center for Tissue Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine, GDL is a joint research center by GRMH-GDL and Max Planck-GIBH Joint Center, located in the energetic city Guangzhou. The new research center will emphasize on tissue stem cells, organ development, regenerative medicine and disease models. The center strives to become a prominent international scientific research place of tissue stem cells in a leading position in the world. The center provides excellent R&D platform and is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. Equal opportunity and friendly academic environment will be ensured for all the researchers.
We invite and welcome highly motivated, committed and talented outstanding scientists to join our team in Guangzhou, China. We are recruiting Principal Investigators at the level of full professor, associate professor and assistant professor.
The successful candidate will join a vibrant scientific environment devoted to basic science and translational research aiming at integrating research activities among partner institutes and conduct interdisciplinary research to address high-priority projects in regenerative medicine through the combination of complementary knowledge, methods, techniques at GRMH-GDL.
Qualifications for Principal Investigators
1. A PhD degree in science is an essential prerequisite, experience in postdoctoral training or research and strong record in research in stem cell biology and regenerative medicine, especially research experience in tissue stem cell is strongly preferred.
2. Ability to develop independent and extramurally funded research programs/projects, and to participate in graduate and postdoctoral training programs.
3. Evidence of scientific research achievements, such as high-impact publications in top international journals.
4. Ability to communicate and coordinate as an academic leader, ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others effectively. Ability to be responsible for building the effective research team and enhancing the overall strength of the laboratory personnel.
5. Proficiency and clarity of English, listening, speaking, writing and reading.
1. The qualified candidates for the position will be provided with a globally competitive offer package and a generous start-up package for personnel and yearly operating costs, well-equipped laboratory space and state-of-the-art facilities, salaries, housing allowance, insurance and the registration of your children for school.
2. Annual salary can be up to 1.5 million CNY before tax and start-up fund can be up to 30 million CNY or is negotiable.
3. The candidates who are qualified to the high-level talents policy in Guangdong can apply for more benefits.
Applications need to include
1. A detailed CV includes your basic personal information, educational and professional background, research project experience, mobility experience, major academic achievements/awards, publication/patents list, copies of relevant certificates.
2. Motivation letter particularly highlight your experience and interests in stem cell biology and regenerative medicine.
3. A brief statement of your research proposal.
4. At least three academic or professional reference letters.
Please kindly send your application to the Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email as “Your Name_PI”.
For more information, please visit: https://www.grmh-gdl.cn