At Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, you won’t just find a career – you’ll discover an exclusive experience that gives you an opportunity to learn more, grow more and become more. Our staff demonstrates an unwavering commitment to patient care, consistently performing at a level that is extraordinary. As part of our team, you’ll discover why our unique combination of research and patient care has earned us national ranking by U.S. News & World Report, as well as an ANCC Magnet™ designation for the fourth consecutive time. What’s more, you’ll work in Chicago, one of the most popular cultural, historical and diverse cities in the nation.
Post-Doctoral Scientists, NGS and Genome Engineering – Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center
Over the past decade, the RADC has carried out numerous community-based clinical-pathologic cohort studies to better understand Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders. We have an ongoing effort to expand our Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) and Genome Engineering platforms to uncover genetic drivers of Alzheimer’s disease. As a Post-Doctoral Scientist, you can help us do that – all while exemplifying the Rush mission, vision and values.
• PhD or equivalent degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Functional Genomics, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience or a related field
• Extensive experience in molecular biology and genetics/genomics including DNA/RNA isolation and manipulation, vector cloning and qPCR
• Experience in NGS library prep, QC, sequencing, single cell multi-omics, and high-throughput automation for Postdoc Scientists in NGS
• Experience in CRISPR-based screening and cell line engineering for Postdoc Scientists in Genome Engineering
• Experience in high-throughput screening (HTS) and human iPSC culture is a plus
• Proficiency with bioinformatics software packages (such as R, Python and JMP) is a plus
• Demonstrated superior ability for experiment planning, execution and troubleshooting, and ability to develop/optimize new assays
• Demonstrated skills in organization, analysis and communication
• Proven ability to work independently and in collaborative team environments
To apply, please submit your resume to Yanling_Wang@rush.edu.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.