Postdoctoral Scientist-Laboratory of Neuronal Cell Biology
We are seeking a highly motivated cell biologist with experience studying multiple aspects of neuronal cell biology using state-of-the-art techniques and approaches to join the Laboratory of Neuronal Cell Biology (LNCB). The candidate will be responsible for performing innovative science towards understanding novel cell biology associated with disease relevant proteins.
Job Category: Research & Development
Requisition Number: 36766BR
The candidate will be able to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments and to analyze and interpret results in collaboration with the postdoctoral mentor and other members of the LNCB. This is a unique opportunity to perform fundamental neurobiology within a company setting. This work will be performed in close collaboration with other members of the laboratory and will require deep knowledge and experience in fundamental aspects of cell biology such as intracellular trafficking, signaling, protein-protein interactions and post-translational modifications among others. The candidate should be able to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments and to analyze and interpret results independently. The candidate should document and communicate work clearly and concisely, and is expected to participate in writing manuscripts and scientific reports.
Previous experience in primary neuronal cell or IPSC/IN culture.
• Background on disorders of the CNS.
• Experience with advanced molecular and cell biology techniques is required.
• Strong experience with live cell microscopy and imaging analysis is desired.
• Experience with high throughput assay design/analysis or ‘omics’ analysis is a plus.
• Strong experience with biochemical and cell biology techniques
• Experience with cellular imaging.
• Experience in advanced cell/tissue culture techniques.
• Team player that collaborates with colleagues.
• Able to work independently.
Recent PhD in neuronal cell biology or related discipline.
Employment Category: Full-Time Regular
Experience Level: Associate