Location: Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9207190704
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 125,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops creative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Janssen is hiring an ImmunologyPostdoctoral Scientistwithin JBIO with extensive T cell immunology background and expertise. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the Janssen Biological Research Organization in Spring House, PA and be part of our drug discovery efforts driving novel T cell approaches for treating diseases. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work in a matrix environment, conducting groundbreaking research into the mechanism of action of immune modulatory molecules and T cell platforms. You will need to have experience in cellular immunology including establishing functional studies to address biological questions and be able to work with a high degree of independence. You should have good communication skills as this position requires extensive interaction with colleagues from diverse scientific backgrounds.
The Immunology postdoctoral researcher will:
- Design and perform hypothesis-driven studies to address immunological mechanistic questions using in-vitro and in-vivo model systems
- Seek novel technologies and be willing to implement those identified as necessary improvements to existing technologies or new capabilities
- Work well as a team member as well as individual contributor
- Recent Ph.D. in Immunology with a strong background in T cell biology
- General knowledge of cellular immunology and requirements for establishing in vitro assays to monitor immune cell functional responses which may include: MLR, antigen-specific stimulation, cytotoxicity, suppression, or other
- Experience using in vivo models such as tumor immunotherapy/vaccines or autoimmunity to study immune function
- Extensive experience in handling PBMC and T cell subpopulations with ability to grow and maintain these population.
- Experience with multiparametric technologies such as cytokine multiplex analysis and multi-parameter flow cytometry using at least 4 colors
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)