Postdoctoral research position at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute and Regenerative Medicine Institute
The Cedars-Sinai Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute (IBIRI) is searching for a Postdoctoral Scientist. IBIRI is a multidisciplinary basic, translational, and clinical research program devoted to Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Under the direction of Dr. Robert Barrett, the institute is seeking for a talented and highly motivated candidate to join our laboratory.
The Barrett Laboratory is focused on developing new models of intestinal fibrosis using iPSC- derived human intestinal organoids and small microengineered Chips. The aim of Dr. Robert Barrett’s research is to learn about the mechanisms underpinning intestinal fibrosis, which is a serious complication of inflammatory bowel disease.
This position will involve maintenance of numerous induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) lines and their subsequent differentiation into human intestinal organoids. These organoids will then be used in a range of assays to assess their responses to various cytokines and microbes. This position will require significant amounts of cell culture along with tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, western blot analysis, and qtPCR.
• Design and perform experiments on intestinal epithelial cells derived from induced pluripotent stem cells
• Generation and maintenance of induced pluripotent stem cells and intestinal organoids
• Functional analysis of these intestinal organoids by ICC, qPCR, flow cytometry and western blot
• Participation in laboratory meetings, keeping a lab notebook, performing calculations, tabulating data, summarizing methods and results of related experiments and general lab maintenance
• Excellent written and oral communication, and coordination of experiments and preparation of data for publication will be expected.
• Order supplies and maintain inventory, prepare culture media, maintain general lab cleanliness and perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Experience and Expertise:
• Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
• Previous experience in microarray and RNAseq analysis is highly desired
• Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
• Schedule flexibility to include evening, weekend and holiday rotation commitment required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• May require travel
• Minimum of a BS or BA in a biological science or related field
Learn more about our team:
How to apply:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should submit a CV, cover letter describing your research interests and fit within the lab, and contact information for 2-3 references directly to Dr. Robert Barrett at email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are also encouraged to apply via Cedars-Sinai Career opportunities at:
Postdoctoral Scientist – Barrett Lab – Regenerative Medicine Institute