A postdoc position is available immediately in the laboratory of Prof. Chunlei Liu at the University of California, Berkeley. The successful candidate will conduct research in the Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute in the area of cell modulation and neural circuitry. More information about the lab can be found at https://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~chunlei.liu/.
· Ion channel modulation
· Brain circuitry
· Relationship between neural circuitry and brain function
· Role of glial cell in brain physiopathology
· A recent PhD degree in neuroscience, molecular/cell biology or related fields.
· Experiences in one or more of the following areas are desired: cell-type specific genetic targeting, imaging techniques (epifluorescence, confocal) for either in vitroor in vivoexperiments, ion channels, cell cultures and animal models.
This is a full-time position; it will start initially for one year with the possibility of being extended based on performance and sustainable funding availability.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
To apply, please submit:
· Cover Letter
· Curriculum Vitae
· Contact information of 3 references (Letters of reference may be requested of finalists)
Prof. Chunlei Liu, email@example.com