The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Mathematics Department of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for a:
Postdoctoral researcher position (PRIDE)
Our department offers an outstanding and dynamic environment with multiple seminars, working groups, colloquia, and a doctoral school which also includes access to multiple training opportunities, including some not only focused on mathematics. In addition, our modern campus provides excellent facilities, creating an invigorating research environment.
The main task of the successful candidate will be to conduct innovative research in mathematics. The candidate will also be expected to contribute to the department’s many activities, including seminars, teaching, outreach and various other research related events. This position is associated to a grant for a doctoral training program (FNS PRIDE Grant: Geometry, Probability and its Synergies). As such, the candidate will also be expected to participate in the mentoring of PhD candidates, in particular those associated to the grant.
- PhD Degree in mathematics.
- Scientific excellence will be the primary selection criterion. Candidates who have a research profile bridging different areas represented in the grant (geometry, probability theory, number theory and mathematical physics) will be given particular consideration.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Letter of motivation, explain
- Names of at least three references who are willing to write a letter of recommendation (they may be contacted by us).
- Any other relevant documents.
- The position is supported by travel funds provided by the Fonds National de la Recherche Luxembourg (ref. PRIDE17/12246620/GPS).
- Administrative questions should be addressed to email@example.com. The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer and applications by women and minorities are especially encouraged.