The Quantitative Biomedical Research Center (QBRC) is a well-established research center at UT Southwestern Medical Center. It aims to foster collaborations involving quantitative methods and technologies in any aspect of biomedical research, particularly for understanding disease etiologies and developing treatment and prevention strategies. Currently, the center has six faculty members and more than 30 staff members, postdocs and Ph.D. students.
We are seeking highly motivated and creative individuals to join QBRC. The successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis of various types of genomic, epigenomic and transcriptomic data from patients, as well as the development and maintenance of computational pipelines. This is a great opportunity to quickly acquire high-in-demand bioinformatics skills, work closely with wet-lab collaborators on experimental validation of your computational predictions, and publish high-impact manuscripts. Recent publications from QBRC: https://qbrc.swmed.edu/publications.php
(*Qualified candidate can be considered for Computational Biologist or Data Scientist titles.)
Mainly work on analyzing genomic data generated in the clinical lab including whole genome, exome, RNA sequencing, ChIP-seq, and single cell sequencing analysis, with a focus on multiple human diseases, including cancer, heart diseases, diabetes and others. Work with wet-lab collaborators for experimental validation. Develop and organize computational pipelines, infrastructure and resources. Develop new methods for multi-omics data analysis and integration.
1) Working experience in NGS data analysis and creating customized sequencing analysis pipelines is strongly preferred.
2) Working experience with Linux environments and command-line tools is required
3) Proficient in a least one of the common scientific computing languages (R/MATLAB) and scripting languages (Bash/Perl/Python).
4) Doctoral degree in one of the following fields: bioinformatics, genetics/genomics, and systems biology.
5) Excellent communication skills with proficiency in spoken and written English.
Candidates should send their CV and a list of three references to:
Lin Xu, Ph.D.
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390-8821
UT Southwestern Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.