The Postdoctoral Researcher will investigate the fundamental mechanisms at the epigenetic, molecular and cellular levels that underlie the developmental origins of health and disease, with respect to respiratory effects caused by distinct emerging inhaled environmental pollutants. The selected candidate will work on current projects examining the pulmonary toxicity induced by engineered nanoparticles, second-hand smoke, electronic cigarette vapor, hookah smoke, and a combination of multi-pollutants. The focus is the production and characterization of aerosols, and inhalation and developmental Toxicology.
Independently and collaboratively conduct research involving in vitro exposure of cell cultures, incorporating immunological, biochemical, cellular and molecular biological assays into the studies.
Independently and collaboratively conduct research involving in vivo exposure to inhaled pollutants, incorporating immunological, biochemical, cellular and molecular biological assays into the studies.
Present and publish research findings in peer-reviewed journals. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
PhD Or equivalent (MD, DVM) in biology, toxicology, immunology, physiology, biochemistry or related
Years of Experience: at least 2 years of experience is required
Special or Physical Qualifications:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- The applicant must be able to work independently in a collaborative team environment.
- *Due to the nature of the position and/or position responsibilities this position shall be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with University Policy Statement 67.
- Advanced in Animal handling – Capable of handling small laboratory animals
- Advanced in Cell culture – Capable of processing and culturing cells and cell culture without contamination
- Proficient in Computer application knowledge – Knowledge of applicable applications and basic functions
- Proficient in Technical skills – Ability to utilize technical skills
- Advanced in Data reconciliation – Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness
- Proficient in Personnel interaction – Ability to interact with others (verbal/written)
- Advanced in Attention to detail – Ability to perform accurately in a detail oriented environment
- Advanced in Basic math – Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Advanced in Follow instructions – Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Proficient in Research methods – Knowledge of research methodology, principles, practices in area of work
An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check. Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. A copy of your transcript(s) may be attached to your application (if available). However, original transcripts are required prior to hire. Please attach a cover letter, your curriculum vitae, a brief statement of your research interests, and three references letters. Accepting applications until position is filled.
Background Check – An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer.
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu