Context of interventionWith a team of more than 100 highly skilled researchers and engineers from various disciplines, the ITIS Department addresses the technological, organizational, human and economic aspects of innovative IT services. Research areas are based around the innovation of services with a high level of information intensity and a level of quality allowing trust to be gained in their use and for value to be generated around new business models.
The successful candidate will actively contribute to the research and technological activities in an interdisciplinary research unit that aims to enhance Luxembourg’s international competitiveness in the area of business analytics applied to big data and therefore significantly participate in the country’s socio-economic development.
For this position, we are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to play a key role in an ambitious Industry 4.0 project, which aims to leverage advanced analytics and machine learning in order to improve product quality in manufacturing processes. The selected candidate will contribute to Research and Development activities in this collaborative project between ArcelorMittal and LIST in Luxembourg.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher, your main tasks will be to:
- Collaborate with the industrial partner to gain an in-depth understanding of the process and the problem statement
- Collect, clean, structure and analyse data
- Conduct literature reviews
- Develop optimized models for specific problems
- Analyse errors and model performances
- Communicate results through presentations, scientific publications and reports
- Hold a PhD degree in quantitative domains such as Computer Science, Statistics, Maths or Physics, with a specialization in Machine Learning, Data Analytics and related fields
- Relevant research experience in the application of advanced analytics and machine-learning techniques
- Strong skills in Python and/or R
- Experience with data visualization tools/libraries
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Strong interest in engaging in innovative value-creation activities with industrial partners
- Track record of research dissemination including peer-reviewed publications is a plus
- Knowledge of the manufacturing domain and the digitalization of the processes is also a plus
- Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas, concepts, models and solutions
- Collaborative skills, initiative, result-oriented, excellent organization and capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Fluency in English is mandatory