Ming Wai Lau Centre for Reparative Medicine (MWLC) aims to contribute to the improvement of human health by conducting cutting-edge research in reparative medicine and related subjects, by creating a new platform for synergies between academia and innovation in Sweden and Hong Kong as well as China, and fostering future leaders in both academia and industry.
Description of research group and project
Dr. Linxian Li’s Laboratory has long interests in developing novel therapeutics for clinical applications. Committed to translating new technology for medical use, the Li group focuses on using chemical synthesis, biological tools and artificial intelligence to develop biomolecules as therapeutics. We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher for research initiatives in synthetic chemistry for a wide array of studies in medicine.
One postdoc position in Synthetic Chemistry
We are searching for a postdoctoral researcher with the following qualifications and experience:
- Applicants must hold a PhD with strong background in Synthetic Chemistry.
- Demonstrated experience in organic synthesis, compound purification and characterization.
- Experience in library synthesis will be considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
This is a one-year fixed-term position, with the possibility of renewal.
The assignment is located at MWLC, Hong Kong, and the employment will follow local labour laws in Hong Kong.
A competitive remuneration package including 10% on top of basic salary (fully-taxable) intended as pension will be offered in addition to MPF employer’s contribution and medical benefits.
At KI the Postdoctoral researcher position is regarded as an early career step after a doctoral degree. Qualified to be employed as a Postdoctoral researcher is one who has obtained a doctorate or has equivalent scientific competence.
To be qualified for this position, a doctorate in Synthetic Chemistry is required.
An employment application must contain the following documents in English:
- A complete curriculum vitae, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A doctoral certificate or equivalent
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
- Applicants should arrange to have at least two letters of reference
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Interviews will start when applications are received until the position is filled.
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. Our vision is to advance knowledge about life and strive towards better health for all. Karolinska Institutet accounts for the single largest share of all academic medical research conducted in Sweden and offers the country’s broadest range of education in medicine and health sciences. The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet selects the Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine.
Pursuant to the regulations of the Swedish National Archives, applications are kept on file for two years after the appointment has gained legal force. The regulations do not apply to attachments that have been printed or otherwise published.
Karolinska Institutet strives to provide a workplace that has approximately the same number of women and men, is free of discrimination and offers equal opportunity to everyone.
For temp agencies and recruiters, and to salespersons: We politely, yet firmly, decline direct contact with temp agencies and recruiters, as well as those selling additional job announcements.
Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all!