Postdoctoral Researcher in Nanomedicine and Molecular Engineering
International Research Organization for Advanced Science and Technology (IROAST), Kumamoto University (Kurokami South Campus)
2-39-1 Kurokami, Chuo-ku, Kumamoto, 860-8555, Japan
In the Advanced Green Bio of IROAST, Kumamoto University has job vacancy for a Postdoctoral Researcher. The successful applicant will work for the development of targeted multi-functional polymeric nanomedicines for Parkinson’s disease and cancer diagnosis/therapy. The project will investigate the development, characterization and in vitro/ in vivo test of nanoparticles capable of targeting disease region. The project is highly multi-disciplinary research, involving nanoparticle engineering, polymer chemistry and in vitro/ in vivo NIRF/MR imaging investigations.
We are looking for highly motivated nano-biomaterials specialized postdoctoral candidate. The successful candidate will collaborate with other team using their expertise in multi-disciplinary research.
The earliest possible date after April 1, 2020
Candidate should have completed, or be about to complete Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical engineering, Biomedical science or a related field. Prior experience in nanoparticle/polymer synthesis/characterization for in vitro or in vivo application is essential. Writing and communication in English is essential. Experience of cell culture and animal model would be advantageous.
- Salary and allowances (commuting, housing, etc.): to be paid based on the Regulations Concerning Wages for Fixed Term Employees of Kumamoto University
- Working hours: 8:30-17:15, 7 hours 45 minutes/day
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, year-end through New Year
holidays, summer holidays (3 days), paid holidays (10 days/year after working for 6 months), etc.
- Social insurances: Health insurance, employees’ pension insurance
- Employment term: One-year contract, possible to be renewed (up to December, 2021)
- Employer: Kumamoto University
2019/12/19 Deadline for receipt. Recruitment will be closed when the position is filled.
[How to apply]
Please submit the following documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The documents should be prepared in English.
1. Cover letter
2. CV (including summary of research experiences, skill, and research plan)
3. List of publications (including Impact factor and Peer-review)
4. Three professional references (Name, e-mail address and affiliation)
[Method of Selection]
Screening of submitted documents, and interview via Skype or face-to-face.
Ruda Lee, Tenure-track Associate Professor, IROAST, Kumamoto University
Email: aeju-lee[at]kumamoto-u.ac.jp (Change [at] to @.)
As regulated in the University policies, the personal information you submit will be used only for the purpose of this selection process.
Kumamoto University supports gender equality. Therefore, the selection process will be conducted in compliance with the Gender Equality Law. For more information regarding our policies on gender equality, please visit http://gender.kumamoto-u.ac.jp.