The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy in the Department of Mathematics of its Faculty of Sciences, Technology and Medecine: Postdoctoral researcher in mathematics (M/F)
Area: Probability Theory and Applications.
We welcome applications from all areas of modern probability theory, with specific emphasis on limit theorems, functional inequalities, probabilistic approximations, and their applications to the geometric study of random fields (e.g. nodal sets and excursions) and of random point configurations (e.g. random graphs and tessellations), as well as to the study of stochastic processes and time series.
• Perform original research in the field of modern probability, to be developed in the framework of Prof. Giovanni Peccati’s research group
• The candidate will be required to take part and contribute to the working group in probability theory and mathematical statistics that is regularly held within the Department of Mathematics of Luxembourg University, as well as to contribute to other related activities
• Teaching activities (up to 90 hours/year), tutoring of students, possible supervising of bachelor or master theses
• Limited administrative duties
For further information, please contact Prof. Giovanni Peccati at the address firstname.lastname@example.org
• A PhD in mathematics
• High research potential
• Good written and oral English skills, working knowledge in French and/or German being an advantage
• Some teaching experience will be considered as an advantage
• Ability to conduct independent research activities
• Membership in a dynamic mathematical institute in a young and growing university
• An exciting international environment
Applications (in French or English) with the usual supporting documents (CV, research statement, two letters of recommendation) should be sent online before the deadline with a clear indication of the code R-STR-8023-00-B by clicking on the button below.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online by January 31st, 2020.