The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy with a shared affiliation at the Life Sciences Research Unit, Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication and Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine:
Post-doctoral Researcher in Identification of Parkinson’s Disease-associated Regulatory Variants Using Epigenomic Analysis (M/F)
For a Pelican Postdoctoral Researcher Award we are recruiting a post-doc interested to carry out epigenomic analysis of iPS cell-derived non-neuronal cell types originating from Parkinson’s disease patients with defined genetic backgrounds. Through integrative analysis of the epigenetic and genetic data, the post-doc will identify and validate novel regulatory variants in Parkinson’s disease-relevant cell types. The project will be carried out as a collaboration between the Epigenetics Team at the Life Sciences Research Unit (LSRU) and the Clinical and Experimental Neuroscience group at the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB).
The post-doc will have a shared affiliation with the Epigenetics Team of Dr. Lasse Sinkkonen and the Clinical and Experimental Neuroscience group of Prof. Rejko Krüger. The Epigenetics team integrates computational approaches and experimental biology to understand cellular function and gene regulation in development and disease at the genome-wide level. Clinical and Experimental Neuroscience group focuses on the elucidation of molecular signaling pathways leading to neurodegeneration in Parkinson’s disease using patient-based cellular models for the functional characterization of mutations identified in Parkinson’s disease patients on the pathogenesis.
The post-doc will take advantage of the large collection of iPS cells from Parkinson’s disease patients in the laboratory of Prof. Krüger, that can be differentiated into various cell types of the CNS in vitro, and of techniques for epigenomic analysis such as ATAC-seq and single cell ATAC-seq, to identify novel regulatory variants associated with Parkinson’s disease. The validation work will involve experiments applying genome and/or epigenome editing and phenotypic characterization of the identified variants.
- Carry out research in Epigenomics and Neurobiology
- Carry out cell culture experiments with iPS cells and differentiated cell types
- Perform RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, and ChIP-seq experiments with iPSC-derived cells
- Perform experiments on validation of identified regulatory genetic variants
- Contribute to the computational analysis of deep sequencing data and actively work with collaborators on integration with genetic data
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, neurobiology, bioinformatics, or related discipline
- Excellent working knowledge of English is required
- Working knowledge of either French or German required. Working knowledge of the Luxembourgish Language is a strong asset.
- Longstanding experience in experimental lab work and advanced cell culture is expected
- Strong interest in bioinformatics and computational analysis will be an advantage
- The candidate will be integrated into an international and collaborative environment and needs to have excellent communication skills
- A position fully funded by the Fondation du Pélican de Mie et Pierre Hippert Faber
- An exciting international and interdisciplinary research environment in translational research
- Modern and well-equipped laboratories
- Training in state-of-the-art methods and analysis tools in neurobiology and functional genomics
- Travel opportunities to visit workshops and scientific conferences
- The University offers competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, please contact Dr. Lasse Sinkkonen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be written in English and contain the following documents:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications and acquired third party funding
- Cover letter mentioning the reference number
- Description of past research experience and future interests
- Names and contact information from three referees
Interested candidates are invited to send their complete application ONLINE until August 15h, 2019.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/27gba