The Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH, www.lih.lu) is the leading public research center in Luxembourg for basic, pre-clinical and clinical research in biomedicine and public health. Our clinically-oriented biomedical research activities in Oncology, Infection & Immunity and Population Health encompass the generation of knowledge on the pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of diseases with large impacts on public health and the epidemiological surveillance of these diseases. With the mission to deliver scientific, economic and societal value for Luxembourg, LIH aims to translate knowledge into clinical applications impacting on healthcare systems while shaping personalized medicine.
Within the Department of Population Health, Dr. Torsten Bohn, Head of a newly formed group around Food, Diet, Nutrition & Health, aims to explore the relation of dietary patterns, nutrient composition and chronic disease aspects with a focus on cardiometabolic health and associated disease markers. More specifically, his team is investigating the influence of bioctive nutrients and phytochemicals, as well as nutritional patterns, on novel markers of health, such as innovative biomarkers and health indices. A close collaboration with the other departmental teams around environmental pollution, physical activity and e-health is vital.
To complement his team and strengthen its research activities, we are offering a 2 year Post-Doctoral Researcher position at our premises.
The main tasks of the Researcher will be to join ongoing or to initiate further research activities requiring a strong epidemiological expertise. However, there is room to establish own lines of research.
- Join running observational/intervention studies;
- Develop own line of research in nutritional epidemiology;
- Apply for funding – national &international;
- Training of master& PhD students;
- Define & develop new projects in the area of Diet & Health;
- Writing high-level scientific research papers & reviews, as well as reports;
- Discuss results within group & other researchers;
- Interpret findings statistically;
- Participate in project meetings & organization;
- Give presentations at international conferences;
- PhD in Nutritional Epidemiology, Public Health with a focus on Diet & Health, or related;
- Experience in working on large datasets;
- Good statistical knowledge and hands-on experience with statistical programs (SPSS,R, SAS…);
- Participation in observational nutritional studies;
- Scientific track-record; including peer-reviewed publications;
- Experience in writing grant proposals;
- Good organizational skills;
- English is the working language. Knowledge of French and/or German is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Young researchers have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary & international scientific environment, benefiting from diverse exchanges with other scientists in and across the department;
- An environment allowing further training in a variety of health-related domains, fostering the acquisition of horizontal skills around presentation & communication skills, scientific English, statistical data evaluation, and training in Epidemiology.
- A close link to clinical, statistical & data analysis, as well as laboratory factilities;
- Post-Doctoral Researchers will receive a competitive salary and full benefits.
Located in Luxembourg, LIH offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic, international and multilingual environment that values personal respect and professional achievement based on the highest intellectual and ethical standards. The remuneration for this position shall be based on qualification and experience.
Applications including a letter of motivation and a full curriculum vitae should be sent at earliest convenience through our website www.lih.lu/jobs with the Ref: VD/PDR0519/TB/EPHRU ST